Cilantro Lime Salmon Bowl
Simple, healthy salmon bowl to share with your loved ones this winter.
- red peppers
- 2/3 c. olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 c. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 4 salmon filets
- 4 c. cooked rice
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Prepare and cut up all the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place bell peppers onto baking sheet and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
- How to make cilantro lime marinade: combine olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, honey, and garlic and whisk to combine. Place salmon in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour half the marinade over filets. Toss until fully coated. Set aside remaining marinade.
- When peppers have baked for 10 minutes, remove from oven and place filets on top of peppers. Bake until peppers are tender and salmon is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Assemble bowls: divide rice into four bowls and top with salmon, peppers, avocado and a wedge of lime. Garnish with cilantro and serve with extra marinade on the side.