Apple Pie Tartlets
These apple pie tartlets are perfect for fall and super easy to customize! Pick your favorite apples to use, and if you don’t have mini pie pans, you can also use a muffin tin. Happy baking!
IngredientsFor the crust:
- Combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Then add in the butter and work it into the flour.
- Gradually add the cold water and knead until the flour forms into a ball.
- Wrap the dough up in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least half an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Mix all the filling ingredients.
- Lightly flour your work surface to roll out the dough.
- Portion out your dough to fill out the bottoms of all 4 tart pans and the lattice patterns on top. You should leave a little extra dough near the rims to pinch with the lattice tops.
- Press the dough for the crusts into the pans and spoon the filling evenly into them.
- Place the lattice patterns on top and gently seal the sides.
- (Optional) Whisk the egg and brush the tops of the pies with the egg wash.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown (around 15-20 min).
- Set them aside to cool before enjoying!