Dairy-Free Coconut Panna Cotta with Berry Coulis
What’s jiggly, very berry and dairy free? Say hello to Penn Appetit’s take on an Italian classic— our dairy-free coconut panna cotta!
With a berry coulis on the side, this dessert is mouthwateringly perfect for the upcoming season. This is also great as a quick last minute dessert (as long as you have thirty minutes and a night to refrigerate) and is sure to wow at any party or potluck! One batch makes four, so gather some friends and make some panna cotta today.
IngredientsFor the berry coulis
- Grease 3 ramekins (or any cup or mug) with coconut oil.
- In a small bowl add the sachet of gelatin to one and a half tablespoons of water and let it rest for approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract into a medium-sized pot. Place over medium to low heat and whisk thoroughly. Once the mixture is simmering, add gelatine and whisk until completely mixed.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 3 ramekins. Refrigerate the panna cottas for 5 hours or overnight.
- While the panna cottas are cooling, prepare the berry coulis. Place the berries, lime juice, and sugar into a blender. Blend until fully mixed.
- Once the panna cotta has cooled for at least 5 hours, serve with berry coulis