Fresh Pumpkin Cookies
It’s officially pumpkin season! Fall into fall with this melt-in-your-mouth pumpkin cookie recipe.
Fresh Pumpkin Puree
- Preheat the oven to 400 ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Rinse and pat dry the sugar pumpkin. Cut the pumpkin in half. Scoop out the seeds as well as the stringy core.
- Place cut-side-down onto the baking sheet. Bake until the pumpkin can easily be pierced with a knife, for around 45 to 60 minutes.
- Cool until you can safely handle the halves then scoop out the pumpkin flesh into a food processor. Process until very smooth (approx 3 to 5 minutes)
Note: If you don’t have a food processor, you can also pulse in a blender for 3-5 minutes or even use a masher to manually process the pumpkin (the texture will be chunkier but the end product will still be delicious!)
- Preheat the oven to 375 ºF. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper (or lightly grease).
- In a large bowl, mix pumpkin puree, sugar, oil, vanilla and egg until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the baking soda into the milk.
- Add the dry flour mixture and baking soda mixture to the pumpkin mixture. Mix well.
- Add in the chocolate chips and nuts. Stir in until well-combined.
- Using a cookie scoop (I just used a tablespoon!), drop mounds of the cookie dough on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool and enjoy!